The Perfectly Imperfect Home

Thursday, November 10, 2011


Last night, Room & Board DC hosted former Domino editor (and current WSJ Off Duty editor) Deborah Needleman, in town to sign copies of her new book The Perfectly Imperfect Home.

It should go without saying that I was thrilled to meet Needleman. Without Domino, I'm not sure I ever would have felt as connected to, or passionate about design as I do today. As twee as this sounds, reading Domino as a dorm-bound college student gave me hope for a chic, futon-less future -- and one that could actually be achieved before becoming a billion-dollar scratch-off winner (it could totally happen you guys!).

After an impromptu dinner down the street at Cork, I scurried home to read the book. I was not disappointed. It's a substantial 200+ pages of practical and charming advice from Needleman, paired with Virginia Johnson illustrations of legendary rooms, many originally made famous in Domino.

P.S. If turning me into a design aficionado, isn't enough to make you trust this woman's taste, check out the pictures of Needleman's Garrison, NY home below. I die.

Images: 1. via The Perfectly Imperfect Home 2. (clockwise) Melanie Acevedo, Ngoc Minh Ngo via Garden Design Magazine, The Perfectly Imperfect Home 3. and 4. Annie Schlecter via Martha Stewart Living.
||

No comments: